Linux is an operating system with the Linux kernel that is a multitasking and multiprocessing operating system. As of today, Linux is considered the most popularly used operating system. A major reason for Linux’s popularity across the globe is its flexibility and scalability.
Almost ninety-eight percent of supercomputers worldwide use Linux as their operating system. Moreover, It is not just restricted to supercomputers but also many laptops, connected televisions, entertainment devices, and smartphones rely on Linux. So, it will not be wrong if someone says that Linux is the most powerful operating system so far.
Let’s discuss some major features of the Linux operating system that makes it the most powerful and most useful among all the operating systems.
Features of Linux That Make It the Most Powerful Operating System
Linux is the most popularly used across the globe because of its powerful features. The following are some of the major features and benefits of Linux that differentiate it from other operating systems:
- Linux is flexible and scalable as stated earlier in this post and it is an open-source and free operating system. This fascinates many computer experts.
- Linux can easily be customized and optimized and it provides the facility to do complex calculations in the fastest way as compared to all the operating systems that ever existed before.
- Another feature of any operating system that fascinates computer users the most is its security. Linux has been trusted as a secure operating system for years and it is also highly reliable.
- Because of the open-source technology, security vulnerabilities can be easily and quickly detected and hence resolved.
- Linux is free to use, unlike many other opening systems that require a license.
- The Linux operating system is the most suitable for professionals and computer experts. People may require a little more knowledge to use Linux than some other operating systems but it is an ideal choice for computer professionals because of its advanced features that almost all the other operating systems lack.
- Companies prefer Linux over other operating systems (like Windows) because it has a package manager and unique tools that make operations to be performed very easily and quickly.
This sums up the advantages and features of the Linux operating system which proves it to be the most powerful operating system of all.
The Bottom Line
Linux is the best or the most powerful operating system that exists today because of its vast and advanced features. It is used in numerous devices from smartphones to supercomputers. Linux is much more reliable, efficient, speedy, secure, scalable, and maintainable as compared to almost all the other operating systems. That is why it is an ideal operating system for computer professionals and experts to be used in offices.